Thursday, December 4, 2008

let's see how long this lasts

I am a lazy bastard. I have been sitting on my ass since my wedding last fall. 1 year of being a bum has not turned out so well, so I want to make some changes.

I have a million things floating around in my head that I would like to do with myself, from starting a new band to finishing decorating my apartment. I decided make this blog a place to document my accomplishments so I will have a record of how much I do, or don't do with myself over the next year and beyond.

Right now I have 3 major projects in the works.
1. sprucing up my bathroom - resurfacing, sanding and painting the ceiling; patching, sanding and painting the walls; and installing moulding along the ceiling. I am planning to start this project tomorrow, because when I decided to do this my intention was to have it done before 12/17/08. I'm really going to try to make that happen because my bathroom looks like a complete shit hole.

2. making my own christmas cards - I have already designed the card, made a sample, and purchased all the supplies. Now I just have to actually start the work, and get them done asap so I can send them out. I need John to help me cut the paper, and I am planning for us to start working on them this sunday. I am hoping to have them in the mail by 12/13/08.

3. Christmas cookies - every year I make a ton of colorful and yummy christmas cookies to give as gifts, and I do most of this with Nora. This year we have planned to bake together on saturday 12/13/08. This means that I have to test the new recipes I want to try, and have all my doughs ready that am. This is not a difficult task by any means, but along with the other projects I want to finish it will be difficult to fit everything in.

In order for me to do any of this I have to keep my fat ass off the couch and get some shit done every day. I also need tp put my exterior christmas lights up and finish shopping.
I hope I can do it.

1 comment:

Petitfoureyes said...

i had SO much fun baking cookies with you and Nora! I really want to join you guys this year - i actually have a lot of days off coming up, starting the day after your scheduled cookie party! i hope maybe we can organize another one sometime before xmas, as i should be in the area sometime soon ( i hope!) xoxo

:)